Journey Home specializes in serving females ages 16 – 21 with emotional, behavioral, or mental health disorders.
Requirements for student to attend:
- Graduation from residential treatment center, therapeutic wilderness program, therapeutic boarding school, or other similar treatment programs
- Has demonstrated readiness for this level of responsibility and freedom
- Committed and stable relative to ongoing life and therapeutic goals
- Committed to sobriety and has demonstrated this prior to admission; joining Journey Home includes random drug testing
- Depressive disorders
- Anxiety disorders
- Body image issues
- ADD/ADHD and other learning issues
- Academic struggles
- Low self-esteem
The right match for a Journey Home student is someone who is at a much higher level of functioning than those seeking residential treatment services but are not ready for life at home.
Who is not appropriate for Journey Home
Journey Home IS NOT the right fit for students who:
- Have conduct-disorder diagnoses
- Have displayed verbally or physically aggressive tendencies
- Are on a court order for treatment or referred by correctional system
- Have engaged in any type of sexual perpetration
- Would be considered a direct threat to the health, safety, or property of residents and members of the community
Journey Home is a small, residential home setting dedicated to the guidance and healing of young women looking to continue their path to become successful, capable adults.